Slava ( meaning "Glory") watches were relatively inexpensive, classic "civil" Russian watches commonly referred to as "Slava Lava!". The Slava factory (known originally as the Second Moscow Watch Factory) was the second non-military watch maker established in the Soviet Union, in 1924. The watches of this brand have always been meant for civilian consumption, without military or aerospace pretensions.
Slava's own mechanical movements feature two mainspring barrels coupled together with an idler gear. There are many versions of the movement including manual wind 2414 and 2428(double date)and self-winding 2416 and 2427 (double date). The movements are unfortunately quite sensitive to shocks due to thin balance staff. Other frequent problems include premature wear of rotor bearing and the clutch driving the hands (not a typical cannon pinion). Also the date indicator malfunctions are common. The movements are thus considered unreliable, especially compared to other russian calibres. Earlier the 2nd Moscow Factory produced movements derived from an old pre-war French movement, the Lip "T-15" (also some Poljot movements were derived from this French brand), and produced under license (brands Pobeda and Start). In addition to that, for relative brief periods, Slava also produced its own electronic movements using tuning fork and quartz systems. Some Slava watches were produced under Sekonda brand names. (Wikipedia)